Friday, January 29, 2010

A New Start

I never thought this time would come so quickly; that I will go to Junior College so soon.

Today is my first day as a JC student. This morning mian and I were feeling excited but a little nervous at the same time. After 7 years of seperation, we are finally going to be reunited. Last night we were talking about the times we shared in Stamford Primary, and we came out with a conclusion: only when we study in the same school will we do well in our academics, and of course in other areas. So hopefully, we'll do well in JC hurrr.

JC doesn't seem like what I've expected. Or maybe, its just NYJC. Everything seems to be so different. Or should I say, its the culture, cuz anyway the culture is what affects the whole of the college. 5 SCgirls compared to maybe 50 over in ACJC? Is this what makes me feel the difference? The way people talk, interact and behave. It doesn't give me the very homely feel, unlike SC. I really really miss SC. The teachers, the staff, the students, friends, canteen vendors, and even the cleaners.

I wonder if anyone would greet and thank the cleaners for their contributions to the school; I wonder if my classmates will be so crazy as to hide and scare the teachers, sometimes singing them birthday songs when we feel like it (although it is not the real date); I wonder if anyone will scream and jump and hug each other when they see frogs along the corridor; I wonder if I will still receive gifts from the girls during Valentines' Day, ignoring how others look at us because we love each other so much; I wonder if I can still shout in class to ask for a pad when I need one; I wonder how much I miss SC, and the answer is a lot. I never thought I will miss SC this much; I never ever thought I would even say this.

Looking on the brighter side, orientation has been quite fun, though a little bit tiring. I've made some friends, not a lot though, from my OG (Junkers6). We were quite good at the games! Just that I think we are not v.enthu. At least I am quite, I think. I'm just quite glad that people in NY seem to be nice, not bitchy, please. Tomorrow's orientation is at Sentosa. It's gonna be really tiring, but I know fun will come with it :D

I hope that JC would be fun, exciting and enriching. Although NYJC was never my desired school before, I hope I didnt make the wrong decision.

It's gonna take me some time to adapt.

"... and I believe SCGS girls will be able to adapt and change accordingly..."-Mrs Low.

No comments: